Exercise & Eating Blog
|Posted by Danielle Parish on January 8, 2013 at 3:30 AM|
I'm not sure if you know all the many benefits of Omega-3. But, foods that are high in Omega-3 help to increase mood, fight against depression, provide antioxidants, decrease inflammation and may actually increase life expectancy. It is heart healthy & brain healthy. With all these benefits, why not get the most out of your meals by cooking with foods high in Omega-3's.
If you love Seafood, why not try this dish? It is Smoked Oysters & Salmon, with Gluten-Free Pasta and Broccoli. I love this recipe because it's quick, easy & cheap to make.
- 4 Cups of cooked Brown Rice Pasta (Trader Joe's Brand)
- 1 1/2 Cups of Fresh Broccoli
- 1 Can of Pink Salmon
- 3/4 Can of Smoked Oysters (Bold Smoked Taste)
- 1/2 cup Olive Oil (Have a little on the side to drizzle over completed dish)
- 3 tablespoons of Ground Flax Meal
- Juice from 1/2 a Lemon
- Garlic Salt (Season to taste)
- Pepper (Season to taste)
1) First boil Brown Rice Pasta and Broccoli in boiling water for 7-10 minutes (Time varies upon pasta consistency).
2) Drain hot Pasta & put right back into pot (Do not rinse with Cold water)
3) Mix in Olive Oil, Pink Salmon, Smoked Oysters & Lemon till all Brown Rice Pasta is covered
4) Mix in Ground Flax Meal
5) Add Garlic Salt & Pepper (Season to Liking)
6) Plate pasta & drizzle Olive Oil over the top!
In Less than 15 minutes you have a hearty, healthy dish for 4!! Enjoy! See if you don't feel better after eating it!!!
Categories: Gluten-Free Recipes